ThoughtSpot Cloud Subscription Agreement
Version: 6 September 2022
A copy of this Agreement is available at www.thoughtspot.com/legal/.
THIS THOUGHTSPOT CLOUD SUBSCRIPTION AGREEMENT (“AGREEMENT”) FORMS A BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU INDIVIDUALLY OR THE BUSINESS ENTITY OR PUBLIC AGENCY ON WHOSE BEHALF YOU ARE ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT (“CUSTOMER”) AND THOUGHTSPOT, INC. (“THOUGHTSPOT”).
THIS AGREEMENT IS ACCEPTED BY: (1) INDICATING ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS BY CLICKING “SUBMIT,” “ACCEPT” OR BY SIMILAR ONLINE ACTION AS MAY BE OFFERED IN A THOUGHTSPOT WEB OR IN-APPLICATION FORM, OR BY SIGNING AN ORDER FORM REFERENCING THIS AGREEMENT; OR (2) ACCESSING OR USING ANY PORTION OF THOUGHTSPOT CLOUD. THE INDIVIDUAL ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF CUSTOMER REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT THEY: (A) ARE AN EMPLOYEE, CONTRACTOR, OR AGENT OF, AND HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO REPRESENT, CUSTOMER; AND (B) READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL THE PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF CUSTOMER DOES NOT WISH TO ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT, OR THE INDIVIDUAL ACCEPTING THE AGREEMENT DOES NOT HAVE AUTHORITY TO BIND CUSTOMER TO THIS AGREEMENT, THEN DO NOT CLICK OR SIGN TO ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT OR ACCESS OR USE THOUGHTSPOT CLOUD.
IF CUSTOMER REGISTERS FOR A FREE TRIAL OF THOUGHTSPOT CLOUD, THE EVALUATION SUBSCRIPTION PROVISIONS OF SECTION 2.4 OF THIS AGREEMENT WILL ALSO GOVERN THAT FREE TRIAL. IF CUSTOMER PURCHASES THE THOUGHTSPOT TEAM EDITION PRODUCT, THE SUBSCRIPTION TERM WILL BE MONTHLY.
IF CUSTOMER ALREADY HAS A SIGNED SUBSCRIPTION AGREEMENT, EVALUATION AGREEMENT, OR OTHER MASTER AGREEMENT GOVERNING ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE PRODUCT THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF THIS AGREEMENT, THEN THAT AGREEMENT WILL CONTINUE TO GOVERN AND THIS AGREEMENT WILL NOT SUPERSEDE ITS TERMS.
This Agreement incorporates by this reference all the numbered sections below (“Main Body”) as well as the terms and conditions of all applicable Order Forms and the Program Guide. If any portion of this Agreement is expressly inconsistent with another, documents earlier in the following list will take precedence over later documents, unless the later document expressly recites the parties’ intent to supersede specific terms in the earlier document: (1) any Order Form (solely with respect to that order) and any Service Description therein; (2) the Main Body; (3) the Program Guide; and (4) any other incorporated document.
- “Administrative Information” means information submitted by Customer into ThoughtSpot Cloud in connection with the administration of its instance of ThoughtSpot Cloud, including user names, login credentials, and query tokens, as further described in the Documentation.
- “Affiliate” means, with respect to a party, any legal entity (such as a corporation, partnership, or other legal entity) that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with such party. For purposes of this definition, “control” means the legal power to direct or cause direction of the general management of the corporation, partnership, or other legal entity. Affiliates of Customer are “Customer Affiliates” and Affiliates of ThoughtSpot are “ThoughtSpot Affiliates.”
- “Authorized User” means one individual who was provided access credentials by Customer to access and use ThoughtSpot Cloud as provided herein.
- “Confidential Information” means: (a) Administrative Information (which will be deemed Customer’s Confidential Information); (b) ThoughtSpot Cloud, its pricing, and any non-public technical documentation about ThoughtSpot Cloud (which will be deemed ThoughtSpot’s Confidential Information); (c) any information of a party that due to the nature of the information or circumstances of disclosure, the Recipient should reasonably understand to be the Discloser’s (as defined below) confidential information; and (d) any Order Form and any amendment to this Agreement or an Order Form (which will be deemed Confidential Information of both parties). Confidential Information will not include information that the Recipient can demonstrate was: (i) generally known to the public at time of disclosure or becomes generally known through no wrongful act or omission of the Recipient; (ii) rightfully in the Recipient’s possession, or otherwise rightfully known by the Recipient, at time of disclosure by the Discloser and not subject to a confidentiality obligation; or (iii) independently developed by employees and contractors of the Recipient who had no access to the Confidential Information.
- “Consulting Services” means user assistance, consulting, and training services provided by or on behalf of ThoughtSpot.
- “Documentation” means the then-current service operating and interface instructions (including API documentation) published for use of each version of ThoughtSpot Cloud at https://docs.thoughtspot.com/.
- “Effective Date” means the earlier date that: (a) Customer signs an Order Form; or (b) Customer accepts this Agreement as described above.
- “Intellectual Property Rights” or “IPR” means all intellectual property or other proprietary rights worldwide, including patent, trademark, service mark, copyright, trade secret, know-how, moral right, and any other intellectual and intangible property rights, including all continuations, continuations in part, applications, renewals, and extensions of any of the foregoing, whether registered or unregistered.
- “Law” means all applicable laws, rules, statutes, decrees, decisions, orders, regulations, judgments, codes, and requirements of any government authority (federal, state, local, or international) having jurisdiction.
- “Order Form” means: (a) an order form or other ordering document signed by the authorized representatives of Customer and ThoughtSpot that specifies subscriptions purchased, corresponding pricing, and the Subscription Term, as well as the scope and price of Consulting Services purchased (if any); or (b) an online web form or in-application electronic ordering process initiated by Customer that references this Agreement.
- “Program Guide” means the ThoughtSpot Cloud Program Guide at http://www.thoughtspot.com/legal/.
- “Service Description” means a written description of Consulting Services attached to or referenced in an Order Form.
- “Subscription Term” means the period of authorized access to ThoughtSpot Cloud.
- “ThoughtSpot Cloud” means the ThoughtSpot software-as-a-service offering ordered by Customer under an Order Form or via a registration portal, sample data or data provided by ThoughtSpot, any updates and upgrades thereto, and any modifications, enhancements, or improvements, of any of the foregoing.
- Orders. Customer may purchase ThoughtSpot Cloud access or Consulting Services as identified in an Order Form pursuant to this Agreement. Upon execution by the parties, each Order Form is non-cancellable and, except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, non-refundable. Prices stated in each Order Form are final. Each Subscription Term is a non-divisible, continuous commitment, regardless of the invoice schedule, and pricing is based on a purchase of the entire Subscription Term.
- Invoices and Payment. ThoughtSpot will electronically issue to Customer the initial invoice corresponding with each Order Form upon the provision of administrative credentials for use of ThoughtSpot Cloud. Consulting Services are offered on a fixed-fee basis invoiced upon signature of the corresponding Order Form. Customer will pay each invoice in full, within 30 days after the date of the electronic invoice to the email address provided by Customer. Late payments will accrue interest at a rate of 1.5% per month or the legal maximum, whichever is lower. Customer will make payments free of any currency controls or other restrictions, by check or wire transfer, to the address or bank account designated by ThoughtSpot. Customer may not reduce any amount payable to ThoughtSpot under this Agreement due to any counterclaim, set-off, adjustment, or other claim Customer might have against ThoughtSpot, any other party, or otherwise. ThoughtSpot may verify Customer’s use complies with the purchased use limitations in this Agreement, and if ThoughtSpot determines that Customer has exceeded its permitted use rights, ThoughtSpot will notify Customer and, within 30 days after the date of such notice, Customer will either: (a) reduce its use to match permissions; or (b) purchase subscription rights commensurate with its actual use.
- Taxes. Amounts payable under this Agreement are stated exclusive of all taxes, duties, levies, imposts, fines, or similar governmental assessments of any nature, including, for example, sales, use, GST, withholding, value-added, or similar taxes, imposed by any jurisdiction, and the interest and penalties on any of these (collectively, “Taxes”). Customer will pay all Taxes associated with the transactions, access, and use, contemplated by this Agreement except Taxes based on ThoughtSpot’s net income, property, or employees. If ThoughtSpot has the legal obligation to pay or collect Taxes for which Customer is responsible under this Section 2.3, ThoughtSpot will invoice Customer and Customer will pay that amount unless Customer provides ThoughtSpot with a valid tax exemption certificate authorized by the appropriate taxing authority prior to execution of the applicable Order Form. Taxes will not be deducted from payments to ThoughtSpot, except as required by Law, in which case Customer will increase the amount payable as necessary so that, after making all required deductions and withholdings, ThoughtSpot receives and retains (free from any liability for Taxes) an amount equal to the amount it would have received had no such deductions or withholdings been made. Upon ThoughtSpot’s request, Customer will provide to ThoughtSpot its proof of withholding tax remittance to the respective tax authority.
- Evaluation Access. ThoughtSpot may occasionally offer to Customer evaluation, trial, testing, beta, or other free versions or features of ThoughtSpot Cloud (an “Evaluation Subscription”). Customer may use an Evaluation Subscription exclusively to determine whether to purchase a subscription to ThoughtSpot Cloud. In addition, Customer will use an Evaluation Subscription labeled “test” or “beta” solely with non-production, non-confidential data. Customer may not use an Evaluation Subscription for any production, professional, or for-profit purpose. Evaluation Subscriptions may be offered by ThoughtSpot without a corresponding Order Form, in which case the Subscription Term will be 30 days unless otherwise expressly specified in an Order Form, the corresponding online registration portal, or the Documentation. No ThoughtSpot competitor or any employee, contractor, or agent thereof, may access an Evaluation Subscription. FOR ANY EVALUATION SUBSCRIPTION, NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THIS AGREEMENT: (A) THOUGHTSPOT CLOUD IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED; (B) THOUGHTSPOT MAY TERMINATE CUSTOMER’S ACCESS AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON AND WITHOUT LIABILITY OF ANY KIND; AND (C) THOUGHTSPOT WILL HAVE NO INDEMNITY OBLIGATION UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, AND THOUGHTSPOT’S TOTAL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE EVALUATION SUBSCRIPTION ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT WILL NOT EXCEED $500. This Section 2.4 will supersede any conflicting terms in this Agreement with respect to any Evaluation Subscription.
- Permissions and Limitations.
- Access. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and payment of all fees due, ThoughtSpot authorizes Authorized Users to access and use ThoughtSpot Cloud during the Subscription Term and to the extent specified (including regarding limits on rows, credits, groups, or other metric) in the applicable Order Form, solely for its internal business purposes and in accordance with the Documentation. Notwithstanding the foregoing, ThoughtSpot Cloud subscriptions designated in an Order Form as non-production may be used solely for use case development, testing, user training, and similar non-production purposes.
- Authorized Users. Authorized Users consist solely of Customer’s employees, Affiliates, and third-party agents, advisors, and contractors, who in each case are not competitors of ThoughtSpot, to whom Customer has provided unique credentials to access ThoughtSpot Cloud on Customer’s behalf. Customer will not grant any person other than an Authorized User access to Customer’s instance of ThoughtSpot Cloud. Customer will be wholly liable for non-compliance with this Agreement by a party permitted by Customer to access ThoughtSpot Cloud as if such party were Customer.
- Support and Security. ThoughtSpot will provide technical support and security for ThoughtSpot Cloud, with the exception of Evaluation Subscriptions and the Team Edition product, pursuant to the Program Guide during the Subscription Term and the terms of the Program Guide are incorporated into this Agreement by this reference.
- Restrictions. Customer will not (and has no right to): (a) use ThoughtSpot Cloud or Documentation except as permitted in this Agreement; (b) disassemble, decompile, port, reverse compile, reverse engineer, translate, or otherwise attempt to separate any of the components of the ThoughtSpot Cloud or reconstruct any ThoughtSpot Cloud, or attempt to derive or obtain any source code, structure, algorithms, processes, techniques, technologies, know-how, or ideas embodied by, underlying, or contained in ThoughtSpot Cloud; (c) sell, license, sublicense, rent, lease, encumber, lend, distribute, transfer, or provide a third party with access to ThoughtSpot Cloud, for time sharing, as a managed service provider, or otherwise (except as expressly set forth in an Order Form); (d) alter, modify, or create derivative works of ThoughtSpot Cloud (including any source code) in any way, including through customization, translation, or localization; (e) remove or alter any trademark, logo, copyright, or other proprietary notices, legends, symbols, or labels in ThoughtSpot Cloud or Documentation, including in generated analytics reports; (f) circumvent or remove by any means any click-accept or copy protection, or share or disclose user credentials other than to the individual to which the credential was assigned; (g) use ThoughtSpot Cloud or Documentation to conduct competitive research, to develop a product that is competitive with any ThoughtSpot product offering, or to assert, authorize, assist, or encourage a third party to assert, against ThoughtSpot or any of its affiliates, customers, vendors, business partners, or licensors, any patent or other IPR claim regarding ThoughtSpot products or services; (h) publicly disseminate any performance or security vulnerability test (including a penetration test) results or analysis related to or derived from ThoughtSpot Cloud; or (i) use ThoughtSpot Cloud to create, use, send, store, or run viruses or other harmful computer code, files, scripts, agents, or other programs, or otherwise engage in a malicious act, or otherwise violate or disrupt the security, integrity (including by using ThoughtSpot Cloud to create software to convert search processing results to a format not owned by ThoughtSpot), availability, or operation of ThoughtSpot Cloud or its network. Before Customer engages in any of the foregoing acts that it believes it may be entitled to, it will provide ThoughtSpot with 30 days’ prior notice to [email protected], and provide reasonably requested information to allow ThoughtSpot to assess Customer’s claim. ThoughtSpot may, in its discretion, provide alternatives that reduce adverse impacts to ThoughtSpot’s IPR or other rights.
- Administration. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Customer grants to ThoughtSpot a revocable, nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free right to use, reproduce, transmit, modify, and display Administrative Information solely to render services to Customer under this Agreement. Customer represents to ThoughtSpot that Customer has sufficient rights to grant the license in the previous sentence and Customer’s use of ThoughtSpot Cloud is compliant with Customer’s own policies and the Law. The parties acknowledge that ThoughtSpot Cloud is intended to be used in conjunction with a data source; ThoughtSpot does not provide a source of record or data backup.
- ThoughtSpot Cloud. ThoughtSpot warrants that it has the corporate right and authority to execute and enter into this Agreement, and further warrants that during the Subscription Term ThoughtSpot Cloud will, under normal use, substantially conform to the specifications in the Documentation. To submit a warranty claim, Customer must request technical support using ThoughtSpot’s support portal, and reference this Section 4.1. ThoughtSpot will use commercially reasonable efforts to cause ThoughtSpot Cloud to conform to the warranty above at no charge to Customer, or if ThoughtSpot determines such remedy to be impracticable, either party may terminate the applicable Order Form and Customer will receive a refund of any unused prepaid ThoughtSpot Cloud fees covering the remaining Subscription Term following the effective date of termination. This warranty will not apply to: (a) use of ThoughtSpot Cloud other than as described in the Documentation; (b) modification of ThoughtSpot Cloud by anyone but ThoughtSpot; or (c) failure caused by a product or integration not provided or expressly approved by ThoughtSpot or its agents. This Section 4.1 sets forth Customer’s exclusive rights and remedies (and ThoughtSpot’s entire liability) in relation to the warranty in this Section 4.1.
- Consulting Services. ThoughtSpot warrants that it will perform Consulting Services in a professional manner using reasonable care and skill in accordance with industry standards. Customer will notify ThoughtSpot of any material breach within 30 days after performance of the non-conforming Consulting Services. On receipt of such notice, ThoughtSpot will use commercially reasonable efforts to re-perform the Consulting Services in substantial conformance with these warranty requirements, and if ThoughtSpot is unable to correct the reported non-conformity after two attempts, either party may terminate the applicable Order Form for Consulting Services and Customer will receive a refund of any pre-paid unused fees for the Consulting Services purchased thereunder. This Section 4.2 sets forth Customer’s exclusive rights and remedies (and ThoughtSpot’s entire liability) in relation to the warranty in this Section 4.2.
- Disclaimers. EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTIES UNDER SECTIONS 4.1 (THOUGHTSPOT CLOUD) AND 4.2 (CONSULTING SERVICES) AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER LAW, THOUGHTSPOT (ON ITS OWN BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF ITS SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS) AND THOUGHTSPOT AFFILIATES: (A) DO NOT MAKE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM, ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THOUGHTSPOT CLOUD, SUPPORT AND CONSULTING SERVICES (EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE (EVEN IF THOUGHTSPOT KNOWS OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN SUCH PURPOSE), TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT; AND (B) WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING CLAUSE (A), MAKE NO (AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM) ANY WARRANTY THAT THOUGHTSPOT CLOUD AND ANY USE OF IT, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ACCURATE, RELIABLE, COMPATIBLE WITH ANY PARTICULAR ENVIRONMENT, OR FREE FROM DEFECTS, OR ERRORS (OR THAT ANY ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED).
- Proprietary Rights.
- Confidentiality. For the term of this Agreement, and surviving expiration or termination of this Agreement for up to three (3) years after disclosure of the Confidential Information, the party receiving Confidential Information (“Recipient”) from the other party (“Discloser”) will use it solely to perform the rights and obligations under this Agreement, and not for any other purpose without the Discloser’s prior written consent. The Recipient will hold in confidence, and not disclose to any third party, any of the Discloser’s Confidential Information and will use at least the same degree of care in handling the Discloser’s Confidential Information as it uses to protect its own Confidential Information from unauthorized use or access by third parties, but no less than reasonable care. The Recipient will notify the Discloser immediately on becoming aware of any unauthorized use or release of the Discloser’s Confidential Information. The Recipient may disclose the Discloser’s Confidential Information to those of its Affiliates, directors, advisors, employees, or contractors (collectively, “Representatives”) who have a need to know such Confidential Information to perform under or in relation to this Agreement, but only if such Representatives are subject to a binding, written agreement no less protective of the Discloser than the confidentiality terms of this Agreement. Nothing under this Agreement or trade secret Law may be construed to restrict or limit ThoughtSpot’s right to perform (or assign any personnel to perform) Consulting Services for any other party or to use any information incidentally retained in the unaided memories of its personnel providing Consulting Services. The Recipient’s obligations under this Section 5.1 will not apply to Confidential Information that must be disclosed by the Recipient to comply with a court order or Law, but only if the Recipient promptly notifies the Discloser to enable the Discloser to seek a protective order or other appropriate remedy, and takes commercially reasonable and lawful actions to avoid or minimize the extent of, and to obtain confidential treatment for, any such disclosure.
- Ownership. Customer and its licensors will retain all right, title, and interest in and to the IPR in Administrative Information. As between the parties, ThoughtSpot, ThoughtSpot Affiliates, and its and their suppliers and licensors own all right, title, and interest in and to all IPR in (and in all copies of) ThoughtSpot Cloud and Documentation, regardless of the form or media in or on which the original or other copies may subsequently exist. Except for the limited licenses expressly granted in this Agreement, ThoughtSpot reserves all, and does not grant any other, rights (express, implied, by estoppel, through exhaustion, or otherwise).
- Feedback. ThoughtSpot encourages Customer to provide suggestions, proposals, ideas, recommendations, or other input regarding ThoughtSpot Cloud (collectively, “Feedback”). To the extent that Customer provides such voluntary Feedback to ThoughtSpot, ThoughtSpot may use it for any purpose without obligation of any kind.
- Third-Party Claims.
- ThoughtSpot. ThoughtSpot will defend Customer from and against any claim or demand made by an unaffiliated third party alleging that the ThoughtSpot Cloud, when used as authorized in this Agreement, unmodified by Customer and used in accordance with the Documentation, infringes IPR owned by such third party and will indemnify Customer from and against any damages and costs awarded against Customer or agreed in settlement by ThoughtSpot (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) resulting from such claim or demand. If Customer’s use of the ThoughtSpot Cloud is (or in ThoughtSpot’s opinion is likely to be) enjoined, if required by settlement or if ThoughtSpot determines such actions are reasonably necessary to avoid material liability, ThoughtSpot may, in its sole discretion: (a) substitute products of substantially similar functionality; (b) procure for Customer the right to continue using the ThoughtSpot Cloud; or if (a) and (b) are not commercially reasonable, (c) terminate this Agreement and refund to Customer the fees paid to ThoughtSpot for the remaining portion of the Subscription Term. ThoughtSpot will have no obligation in this Section 6.1 for any claim or demand to the extent arising from use of ThoughtSpot Cloud combined or integrated with other products, processes, information, or materials where the infringement would not have arisen but for such combination or integration.
- Customer. Customer will defend ThoughtSpot from and against any claim or demand by a third party arising from or relating to breach by Customer of Section 3.5 (Administration), and will indemnify ThoughtSpot from and against any damages and costs awarded against ThoughtSpot or agreed in settlement by Customer (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) resulting from such claim or demand.
- Process. The parties’ indemnification obligations are expressly conditioned on the indemnified party: (a) providing prompt notification of any actual or threatened claim or demand; (b) giving the indemnifying party sole control of the defense and any related settlement negotiations; and (c) providing all necessary cooperation with the defense at the indemnifying party’s reasonable request and expense. Failure by the indemnified party to notify the indemnifying party of a claim under this Section 6 will not relieve the indemnifying party of its obligations therein; however the indemnifying party will not be liable for any litigation expenses that the indemnified party incurred prior to the time when notice is given or for any damages or costs resulting from any material prejudice caused by the delay or failure to provide notice to the indemnifying party in accordance with this Section 6. The indemnifying party will not stipulate, acknowledge, or admit fault or liability on the indemnified party’s behalf, or publicize any settlement, without the indemnified party’s prior written consent (which will not be unreasonably withheld, conditioned, or delayed). Any indemnification obligation in this Section 6 will not apply if the indemnified party settles or makes any admission with respect to a claim without the indemnifying party’s prior written consent. This Section 6 (Third-Party Claims) states the indemnifying party’s entire liability and the indemnified party’s exclusive remedy for third-party claims and third-party actions.
- Limitations of Liability.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EACH PARTY’S TOTAL, CUMULATIVE LIABILITY ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, WILL BE LIMITED TO DIRECT DAMAGES INCURRED IN REASONABLE RELIANCE IN AN AMOUNT NOT EXCEEDING, FOR ALL CLAIMS IN THE AGGREGATE, THE AMOUNTS PAID OR PAYABLE BY CUSTOMER UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR THOUGHTSPOT CLOUD SUBSCRIPTIONS AND CONSULTING SERVICES GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM DURING THE 12-MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRIOR TO THE MOST RECENT EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE LIABILITY.
- Exclusions. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NEITHER CUSTOMER NOR THOUGHTSPOT WILL BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, MULTIPLE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES, OR FOR DAMAGES RELATING TO: (A) LOSS OR INACCURACY OF, OR DAMAGE TO, DATA; (B) LOST REVENUE OR PROFITS; (C) LOSS OF BUSINESS; (D) DAMAGE TO GOODWILL; (E) WORK STOPPAGE; (F) IMPAIRMENT OF OTHER ASSETS; OR (G) INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY TYPE HOWEVER CAUSED AND WITHOUT REGARD TO THE LEGAL THEORY UNDER WHICH THEY ARE SOUGHT, WHETHER BY BREACH OF WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE CAUSE OF ACTION, FORESEEABLE OR NOT, AND WITHOUT REGARD TO WHETHER A PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED SUCH DAMAGES ARE POSSIBLE.
- Applicability. The provisions of Sections 7.1 (Limitation of Liability) and 7.2 (Exclusions) do not apply to: (a) infringement, misappropriation, or other violation by a party of the other party’s IPR; (b) payments to a third party arising from obligations under Section 6 (Third-Party Claims); or (c) tort actions (separate and distinct from a cause of action for a breach of this Agreement) for a party’s gross negligence or willful misconduct. The parties, and not their Affiliates, suppliers, or licensors, are wholly responsible for any liabilities hereunder.
- Term and Termination.
- Term and Termination. This Agreement begins on the Effective Date and continues until either this Agreement is terminated under its terms or all Order Forms under the Agreement expire, whichever occurs first. Either party may terminate this Agreement in its entirety: (a) immediately on written notice if the other becomes the subject of a petition in bankruptcy or any proceeding related to its insolvency, receivership, or liquidation, in any jurisdiction, that is not dismissed within 60 days of its commencement or an assignment for the benefit of creditors; or (b) immediately on written notice if the other party materially breaches this Agreement and has not cured the breach within 30 days after notice from the non-breaching party. Consulting Services are separately ordered from, and are not required for use of, ThoughtSpot Cloud. A breach by a party of its obligations with respect to Consulting Services will not alone constitute a breach by that party of its obligations with respect to the ThoughtSpot Cloud even if purchased in the same Order Form.
- Effect. On termination of this Agreement or expiration of ThoughtSpot Cloud access for any reason: (a) all use rights and access granted by ThoughtSpot will automatically terminate; (b) the parties will destroy all copies of Confidential Information in their possession, custody, or control; and (c) if requested, either party will certify such destruction in writing. Within 30 days after the effective date of proper termination for ThoughtSpot’s material breach, ThoughtSpot will refund any unused prepaid fees received by ThoughtSpot covering that part of the Subscription Term for the affected ThoughtSpot Cloud subscription, if any, remaining after such effective date. If termination is for Customer’s breach, all remaining amounts are accelerated and deemed due and payable as of the termination date.
- Survival. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, the following will survive termination of this Agreement: Sections 1 (Definitions), 2.2 (Invoices and Payment), 2.3 (Taxes), 2.4 (Evaluation Access), 3.4 (Restrictions), 4.3 (Disclaimers), 5 (Proprietary Rights), 6 (Third-Party Claims) (but only for one year following the Effective Date), 7 (Limitations of Liability), 8 (Term and Termination), and 9 (General).
- Suspension. In addition to other rights or remedies in this Agreement, ThoughtSpot reserves the right to suspend provision of ThoughtSpot Cloud: (a) if Customer has a payment 30 or more days overdue; (b) if ThoughtSpot deems such suspension necessary as a result of Customer’s breach of Sections 3.4 (Restrictions) or 3.5 (Administration); (c) if ThoughtSpot reasonably determines suspension is necessary to avoid material harm to ThoughtSpot or its other customers, including if ThoughtSpot Cloud is receiving denial of service attacks, integration overuse, or other attacks or disruptions outside of ThoughtSpot’s control; or (d) as required by Law or at the request of governmental authorities.
- Announcements. Neither party will issue any press releases or announcements, or any marketing, advertising, or other promotional materials, related to this Agreement, or referencing the other party, nor use the other party’s logo, trademarks and service marks in relation to this Agreement, without the other party’s prior written approval.
- Export Compliance. Each party will comply with local and foreign export control Law, including U.S. export control Law. ThoughtSpot Cloud is subject to U.S. Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) and Customer will comply with EAR. Without limiting the foregoing, Customer represents and warrants that: (a) it is not located in, and will not use ThoughtSpot Cloud from, any country subject to U.S. export restrictions (currently including Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, and Crimea Region); (b) Customer will not use ThoughtSpot Cloud in the design, development, or production of nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons, or rocket systems, space launch vehicles, sounding rockets, or unmanned air vehicle systems; and (c) Customer is not prohibited from participating in U.S. export transactions by any federal agency of the U.S. government. In addition, Customer is responsible for complying with any local Law that may impact Customer’s right to import, export, or use ThoughtSpot Cloud.
- U.S. Federal Government Access. ThoughtSpot Cloud accessed under this Agreement is commercial computer software developed exclusively at private expense. Unless otherwise expressly set forth in this Agreement, use, duplication, and disclosure by civilian agencies of the U.S. Government will not exceed those minimum rights set forth in FAR 52.227-19(c) or successor regulations. Use, duplication, and disclosure by U.S. Department of Defense agencies is subject solely to the software license terms contained, referenced, or incorporated in this Agreement, as stated in DFARS 227.7202 or successor regulations. U.S. Government rights will apply only to the specific agency and program for which ThoughtSpot Cloud is obtained.
- Waiver; Amendment. No delay or failure by either party to exercise any right under this Agreement will waive that or any other right. A waiver of any breach of this Agreement is not a waiver of any other breach. Any waiver must be in writing and signed by an authorized representative of the waiving party. Any amendment to this Agreement must be in writing and signed by authorized representatives of both parties.
- Assignment. Neither party will assign, delegate, or otherwise transfer this Agreement, or any of its rights or duties under it, to a third party without the other’s prior written consent, which will not be unreasonably withheld, conditioned, or delayed. Any purported transaction in breach of this Section 9.5 is deemed material and is void. Each party is, however, deemed to have consented to any such assignment, delegation, or transfer to: (a) an Affiliate; or (b) any entity that acquires all or substantially all of its capital stock or assets related to this Agreement through purchase, merger, consolidation, or otherwise, but only if such entity is not a direct competitor of the non-assigning party. Subject to the foregoing, this Agreement will bind and benefit the parties, their successors, and permitted assigns.
- Notices. All notices and other communications under this Agreement will be: (a) in writing; (b) in English; and (c) deemed given when delivered (or the first business day after delivery with confirmation of receipt, for notices permitted by email). Notices under this Agreement will be sufficient only if: (i) personally delivered; (ii) delivered by a major commercial rapid delivery courier service with tracking capabilities; (iii) mailed by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, to a party at the address stated in the applicable Order Form (or at such address as the recipient has notified the other party of, before notice was sent); or (iv) sent via email, if the recipient’s email address is provided in this Agreement (but email will not be sufficient for notices regarding a claim, demand, or alleged breach). All notices except for ordinary business communications will be cc’d to the address stated in the applicable Order Form.
- Dispute Resolution. This Agreement and performance under it will be governed by the substantive laws of the State of California, disregarding its conflict of law rules. If federal jurisdiction exists over any suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement, the parties consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in San Francisco, California. If not, the parties consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the California state courts sitting in Santa Clara County, California. In any such suit, action, or proceeding, the prevailing party may recover its reasonable attorneys’ fees, costs, and other expenses, including those on appeal or in a bankruptcy action. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act, as currently enacted by any jurisdiction or as may be codified or amended from time to time by any jurisdiction, do not apply to this Agreement.
- Force Majeure. Neither party will be responsible for any delay or failure in its performance of any obligation under this Agreement (other than payment) due to causes beyond its reasonable control, but only if the party invoking this Section 9.8 promptly notifies the other party and resumes performance promptly when conditions allow it to do so.
- Relationship. The parties are independent contractors. Nothing in this Agreement will be construed to create a partnership, joint venture, agency, or other relationship. Neither party has any right or authority to assume or create any obligation of any kind, express or implied, in the other party’s name or on its behalf. There are no third-party beneficiaries to this Agreement.
- Severability. If any part of this Agreement is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, that part will be deemed reformed to effectuate the parties’ intentions, and the rest of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
- Execution and Construction. This Agreement is effective only when executed by electronic signature service, or in counterparts, which together (including any expressly incorporated terms) will be deemed the entire agreement. Such execution requirement is, without limitation, a material term. Section headings are intended solely for convenience and will not affect the meaning of this Agreement. This Agreement will be interpreted according to its plain meaning without presuming it should favor either party. Unless stated or context requires otherwise: (a) all internal references are to this Agreement and its parties; (b) first-level section references (e.g., “as provided in Section 1”) includes all subordinate subsections (e.g., 1.1, 1.2, etc.) within that section; (c) all monetary amounts are expressed and, if applicable, payable, in U.S. dollars; (d) “days” means calendar days; (e) “may” means that the applicable party has a right, but not a concomitant duty; (f) “notify” means to give notice under (and “notice” means a notice that complies with) Section 9.6 (Notices); (g) “current” or “currently” means “as of the Effective Date” but “then-current” means the present time when the applicable right is exercised, obligation is incurred, or performance is rendered or measured; (h) URLs are understood to also refer to successors, localizations, and information or resources linked from within websites at such URLs; (i) lists of examples following “including”, “e.g.”, “such as”, “excludes”, “for example”, or similar words are deemed to include “without limitation”; (j) the word “or” is deemed to be an inclusive “or”; and (k) a party’s choices under this Agreement are in its sole discretion. Any translation of the English-language version of this Agreement is for convenience only, and the English-language version will govern. The parties expressly wish to execute this Agreement and any associated documentation in English.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement (including any expressly incorporated terms) sets forth the complete and exclusive agreement between the parties relating to its subject matter and supersedes all prior oral and written agreements, understandings, and communications (including any requests for quote, requests for information, requests for proposal, or the like), click-through agreements and embedded end-user license agreements, regarding its subject matter. If, however, a signed master subscription agreement governing Customer’s SaaS purchases is in effect between the parties, then that agreement will govern and the terms of this Agreement will not supersede its terms. This Agreement does not supersede or apply to (and no rights are granted hereunder with respect to) third-party services or software, APIs separately licensed by ThoughtSpot or a third party, and software and other materials made available on ThoughtSpot’s CodeSpot facility or its other developer pages (collectively, “Development Materials.”) Customer must separately procure rights, if any, that may be required to use or access Development Materials. Purchase orders issued by Customer are for Customer’s internal purposes only and ThoughtSpot rejects, and in the future is deemed to have rejected, any purchase order terms. Invoices issued by ThoughtSpot will be effective solely to specify the charges for the ThoughtSpot Cloud subscription and Consulting Services. All other terms and conditions printed or included on, or referenced in, such purchase orders, invoices, and other ordering documents or correspondence, that purport to add to or modify the terms of this Agreement are expressly rejected by the parties and will be of no force or effect.